Monday, June 18, 2012

Blog! The Second.

What? Another post so soon? Yes, yes it is, obviously.

So I thought I would post again to tell you all some stuff about the current state of my exchange experience.

 I have about six weeks left in Venezuela. I believe I leave Margarita on the 25th of July to go to Caracas for a Pre Departure Camp, and then leave Venezuela on either the 26th or the 27th. I've very much enjoyed my experience, it's been mostly great. There have been some not so exciting moments, I guess you could even say boring, which would be the right word to describe those moments, actually. Yes, school has been very boring, and thankfully I only have one week left. I have to give a presentation thing in Spanish about my experience here on the fourth of July, something I'm not really looking forward to, I don't really know what I'm going to say.

Anyway, more day to day things. I'm enjoying playing football, although it can be quite exhausting with the heat and humidity. My homelife is alright, but it can be a little difficult at times. It's quite lonely because my host parents work a lot, and I think that has affected how quickly I've learnt the language. I like my host family though, I just feel it might have been easier to learn Spanish had I been in a host family that were at home more often. Also, it's been quite strange, because there isn't really a communal living area, and everyone just kinda watches TV in their own rooms. But despite that, I am speaking quite a lot of Spanish now. Especially with my friends from football. It's much easier talking now that the European Championship is on, as I always have something to discuss. I also appreciate that I don't have to get up in the middle of the night or early morning to watch the games.

Ok, and the most exciting part of this post, my travel plans after leaving Venezuela. Yes, for those of you who don't know, I have travel plans. I'm planning on travelling throughout Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, and Peru for about 5 weeks after I leave Venezuela. I'm very excited about it. Here's a map for you all to see where I'm planning on going.
As this map shows, I will start in Buenos Aires, then travel on to Cordoba, Mendoza, Santiago, La Paz, Puno (the city not shown on the map, but shown by the line), Cusco, Arequipa, and finish in Lima. (The little red box at the top is where I am right now.)

Those are my plans, and I think I will return to New Zealand around the 30th of August. I think I'll also be spending one day and one night in Sydney, due to the flights.

Ok, well I'll post again near the end of the month, maybe sooner, maybe later, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment