Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The End

Hello, I'm writing this on my last night in my home in Venezuela. Tomorrow, at 4AM, I have to go to the airport and fly to Caracas for an end of exchange orientation thing, where I'll stay for a night. The following day I'll be flying to Buenos Aires.

For my last day here, I made a Pavlova for my family, and then went with my Mum and Sister to El Fortin de Juan Griego. It's a fort in a town called Juan Griego. It was a beautiful place. I'll put more photos on this blog later, when I have time, and maybe even write a bit more. It was a nice day, and a good way to end my exchange experience here in Margarita.

Right now is by far the worst I've felt during my entire exchange, actually, the worst I can ever remember feeling. I have to leave my new home and family in Venezuela, and I don't know when I'll be able to return. I'm gonna miss a lot of things about my home here. I'm really gonna miss my mum. She's such a nice person, and has made my exchange a lot easier.

It's complicated, because as I've said before, I have conflicting feelings. I want to go home to New Zealand, but I really don't want to leave. This is easily the hardest part of my exchange.

I'll update from Buenos Aires.

No comments:

Post a Comment