Thursday, September 15, 2011

Venezuela's my beach.

Ha! See what I did there?

I've been in Venezuela for two weeks now, or dos semanas, in español. I'm loving it here, and I'm looking forward to school on Monday. Other people don't start school until October, but I'd rather start school earlier, so I'm glad.

On Monday I went with some other AFS students and volunteers to Playa El Yaque, a beach that is apparently really good for wind and kite surfing. It was fun, I used my new camera in the water for the first time, but I didn't get any good pictures. I prefer Playa Parguito over El Yaque, but I've only been to each once, so that could change. We stayed at the beach for the day and then we all went back to the holiday apartment of one of the volunteers. We hung out by the pool, and then we had dinner. It was a fun day.

Part of Coche
And yesterday we went to the small Coche Island for the day. We took a ferry from Margarita Island to Coche. The ferry stopped somewhere on the way, and we were able to jump off the boat into the water and swim around, it was awesome. When we got there we lazed around on the beach, went for a swim, and did normal beach stuff. We went on a walk with a guide to this natural mud spring(?) place and put mud all over ourselves. Apparently the mud is good for your skin. The island is a paradise. I was told that the water is usually very clear, but because of a storm it was more cloudy and unclear than usual. I'll have to go back sometime.
Pepo
Ollie

Here in Venezuela there are a lot of stray dogs. They're not dangerous or anything, as far as I know. There was this dog on Coche that was hanging around the beach. His name is Pepo. He's a cute little scruffy dog, not as cute as Ollie though, who I miss, maybe the most. Don't tell my mum.

So, I have 3 more days, or tres mas días, left until I begin school. I'm excited, and I'll update my blog after I start school.

(Correction : I actually don't start school until the 3rd of October)

No comments:

Post a Comment